Sunday, March 23, 2008

The half-assed band

O and his buddies want to put a band together (for the chicks, I'm guessing, though B may be in it for the sheer rock glory.) Since none of them can play their instruments, and none of them play drums (they've got 2 guitars, 1 bass and a fiddle), they are talking about naming the band Three and a Half Asses.

I am, unfortunately, responsible for this name. When B was describing how he could "half-assed play guitar, half-assed sing, half-assed play banjo, etc." I told him he had about 3 and 1/2 asses between them all. They all immediately decided that this was the perfect band name. I can only hope that I will not be mentioned in some future Spin magazine article.

Went to see TOFU today (Tons of Fun University, yeah, worst band name evah! but they rock, or, more specifically, talk-rock) then went for Shawarma and falafel.

TOFU at the Regina Folk Fest (not the Winnipeg show where I first saw them):

No comments: