Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Animals


This guy was posing for me
you can just see the baby gibbon here


Squirrel Monkeys!





Jenga-licious










Ok, so it's been a while since I last posted. So much has been happening. Well, ok, I'll admit it, mostly napping has been happening.

We have, however, been busy with our new cat, Jenga. He's such an odd cat, he's incredibly limp, fuzzy, and stupid. He loves to have his armpits scratched, goes completely limp when he's picked up, has the softest fur of any cat I've ever met, and when I spray him with the water bottle he just looks around to see where that annoying water is coming from. He's basically become Oboy's cat, he sleeps on the computer chair, or next to Oboy's head, meows non-stop when Oboy goes out, and runs to the door when he comes in. In contrast to the sibling rivalry that Marbles has been subjecting Oboy to for the last few years (Marbles gets jealous when I pay attention to my human child and tries to climb between us), he's so happy to have a pet that loves him back.

We seem to have finally slipped out of our winter stupor, with leaves budding and plants growing and flowers blooming, and typical of Winnipeg, we have shot straight from winter, through a truncated and explosive spring, into a hot and sultry summer in about 2 weeks.

We went to the zoo for the first time this year a few weeks ago, with my sister and neice. My sis was mesmerized by the Squirrel Monkeys, I think they're pretty cool too. The kids were more interested in the gibbons, especially since we have a new baby gibbon, it was maybe 2 weeks old when we were there.
Oboy's been so excited to finally get out fishing. He's been reading fishing books and plans to try out a few spots on the rivers.


No comments: